Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Toilet Paper

I think hippies are interesting -- at least the cute hippie girls I see running around with their unwashed hair and their generally cool taste in music. However, the hippie community produces some odd products from time to time.

For example, take the flagship product of Rainbow Gifts USA: Elephant Dung Paper. Now it isn't just called elephant dung paper, it really is paper made from elephant crap.

Their website talks about how Thai workers gather the poo from an elephant conservatory in Thailand from which they make odor free paper for use in things like scrap booking, writing letters to hemp-smoking loved ones, and I would assume other fun activities like wrapping delicious candies, or wiping your butt.

So here's a question: You remember that wood-chunk paper you learned to write your alphabet on in elementary school? Do they sell the same type of thing in elephant poo paper?

I usually think it's great to make full use of all your resources, but I'm just not sure I can see myself gluing photos of loved ones to the excrement of an elephant. Especially if the paper is chunky.

1 comment:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Petey! I just found your blog through Nick and Wendy's blog and I do have to say, funny as usual!!
I'm so happy you came to the reception last month, it was so good to see you!! I'm thinking Millrace reunion this summer...