Monday, January 19, 2009

24 Hours of Fun!

This weekend I entered the 24 hour LDS movie making marathon. I've never done a movie before, but I was working with my roommate who seems to have a certain competence when it comes to making kickin' movies. Being that it was my roomates, a buddy and I who would be working on the film, we decided in advacne we wanted to accomplish one simple goal: Blow some shiz up. That of course, means war movie.

So at 10:00 AM on Friday, we went down to the Scera in Orem (which, I'm sure should be pronounced scare-uh, despite disputations to the contrary). Soon the theme was announced. Sacrifice.

The heavens parted, angels sang, and we realized it was time to get the AK-47 blank adapters air mortars, and bullet hits ready. Come to think of it, we were making air powered bullet hit devices before the theme was even announced. Had the theme been "service" I'm pretty sure we would have been stuck doing something about doing service for the Russian mob. Instead, we did a movie about Chechian rebles being street contacted by LDS Missionaries. It was described by one person as, "the most violent church themed movie I've ever seen." Success.

After hours of work, the DVD finished burning and I ran it up to the Scera to drop it off -- 10 minutes before the deadline.

Upon returning home, we watched a copy of the DVD, to discover a small mistake in editing. One of the sound files didn't get cut quite right. After an Angry Russian gets done berating a missionary (the whole movie is in Russian, with English subtitles), it cuts to some action. After which you hear my roomate say, "Sweet a" You don't hear the whole word, so we're hoping no one at the screening notices the compeltely out of place English swearing.

Despite our foibles, I think the film is pretty dang good for being written, effects built, shot, and edited all in 24 hours. I'll post a link when we do some clean up on the initial edit -- for some reason, they're insisitnig that we take the English cussing out. Weird.

No comments: